On June 28, 2014
, Ridglea Christian Church is hosting a 5K race called the RCC 5C5K that is open to the community. All ages and both runners and walkers are encouraged to participate! The race will be at Trinity Park Pavilion #1, 2300 W. 7th Street, Fort Worth.
- Traditional 5K: This run is for "serious" runners who do not want to stop for the 5-course meal! These runners are invited to stay with us or come back at 11:30 for the awards ceremony and festival!
- 5Course5K: Eat and run! This run/walk will feature small samples of various menu items at each kilometer donated by our generous food truck sponsors. Please gather with us after the run for the awards ceremony and the opportunity to grab lunch from the food trucks!
- 5-Course 5K Relay: Grab a team of 5 and each run/walk 1 kilometer!
What is this race benefiting?
The 5C5K this year benefits the Trinity Habitat for Humanity and the Trinity-Brazos Area of the Christian Church (Disciples of Christ) in the Southwest 2014 Habitat Build. This year, the Trinity Habitat for Humanity and the Dallas Habitat for Humanity are hosting the Jimmy & Rosalynn Carter Work Project. Each year since 1984, former President Carter and his wife, Rosalynn, give a week of their time to help Habitat for Humanity improve and build homes throughout the world. The Jimmy & Rosalynn Carter Work Project helps raise awareness for the critical need for simple, decent and affordable housing. In 2014, the Carters will focus their efforts in Dallas and Fort Worth during the week of October 5th – 11th. More information about the Jimmy & Rosalynn Carter Work Project and what this run will be benefiting can be found here:http://cwpdallasfortworth.org/
Ridglea Christian Church hopes to raise $5,000 for Trinity Habitat for Humanity from this event. Please consider making an additional donation to this worthy cause! Information concerning additional donations is provided on the registration form.
Chip race timing done by Cox Racing Services
There are three events to choose from this year:
- Traditional 5K for $30 per person ($40 after 6/1)
- Five Course 5K – individuals complete a 5 course meal through five stops during the race for $40 per person ($50 after 6/1)
- Five Course 5K Relay – a team of five people where each person completes a course and a leg of the 5K for the $100 per team ($20/person; $150 per team after 6/1)
All those pre-registered prior to race day will receive a 5C5K tech tee. To be guaranteed the shirt of your preferred size, you must register by June 1st. Also, the amount goes up for each race event by $10 for registrations after 6/1/2014.
*BONUS if you sign up for the individual Five Course 5K race, you can run the traditional race for FREE! Local chefs and restaurants will provide the 5 course meals.
Prizes: There will be prizes for top finishers in all age categories and races. There will be prizes for those dressed as their favorite food. Race timing is done by Cox Racing Services.
Packet Pick-up: Packet pickup is TBD at TBS. There will be no race day registrations. Registrations end on June 27th at 7:00 PM
Race Day Schedule:
7:15 AM Arrive (Please allow time for parking, etc.)
9:30 AM Traditional 5K Race Starts
10:30 AM Five Course 5K and Relay Begins
11:30 AM Awards Ceremony and Festival!
There is a church, corporate team, and school team challenge, where the church, corporation, and school with the most participants wins a trophy! Enter your organization's name when registering.
Help spread the word about this 5C5K benefiting the Trinity Habitat for Humanity!